English National Opera is founded on the belief that opera of the highest quality should be accessible to everyone. We live this every day, and it informs all our decisions.
We always appoint on merit. However, we believe that diversity strengthens and enriches us, and that it is the responsibility of everyone at ENO to make the arts and cultural sector a more diverse and equal place. People who are Asian, Black, Minority Ethnic and disabled are currently under-represented at ENO and the arts, so we especially encourage and welcome applications from those applicants.
Reporting to the CEO, the Technical Director will be responsible for leading the Technical and Production team to deliver the staging of high quality productions.
Your duties will include:
- As a senior member of the ENO Management Team, participating in the management and direction of the company.
- Being responsible for overseeing and managing design process, in conjunction with the Artistic Director.
- Overseeing the determination and management of the Technical and Production department budgets for staffing overheads.
- Ensuring the appropriate staffing is available to build, rehearse and run the Technical and Production aspects of the productions.
- Managing communication with BECTU representatives and other company-wide representatives as necessary and lead and participate in the preparation for and process of formal consultations and negotiations with BECTU.
The successful candidate will believe, share and live by our values which are:
- Trust – we believe empowering teams (as opposed to micro managing) gets the best out of them, and put a premium on open, honest and transparent behaviour, at every level and in every department
- Togetherness – we believe multiple brains and different perspectives are always better than one
- Excellence – we are all about striving for excellence, and when failure happens in its pursuit, we go again but better
- Creativity – we push one another to continually find creative solutions and make a point of celebrating creativity at every level and in every department
Please see the attached recruitment pack for more information and how to apply.
As detailed in the recruitment pack, please return as separate attachments to email@example.com
Closing date: 30 November 2020, 10.00